Note: When using the PayPal Invoice Payments feature in eBillity Premium, you must have a PayPal “Business” or “Premier” Account to accept credit card payments. If you only have a “Personal” PayPal account then the Client will be required to have their own PayPal account in order to make a payment to you via PayPal.
Would you like to get payment from a client instantly? You can accept payments online by setting up your firm PayPal account access.
You can email clients a link to their Invoice. When they click on the link (if PayPal is activated in your account) that invoice will have a “Process Payment” button on it. The client clicks the “Process Payment” button to pay instantly with PayPal or a credit card.
Here's how to set it up:
- Go to the "Admin" Tab (note: you will only have access to this Tab if you have been given "Firm Admin" access rights).
- Check/Select the “Activate PayPal Now” box and enter your email address that is associated with PayPal to get started.
- Then click the button to save your changes.
- A “PayPal is activated now!” message will appear at the top of the screen to confirm set up is complete.
Remember you will pay a small fee when you receive payments with a PayPal Premier or Business Account. You can see the transaction fees by:
- Going to www.paypal.com
- Clicking the Business Tab
- Click the “Pricing” link
If your company has a “Personal” PayPal Account, you won’t be able to accept payments by credit card. However, you can still send an invoice, and your client can pay you via their PayPal account.
To see what kind of PayPal account you have or to upgrade to a Business or Premier Account:
- Log in to your account at www.paypal.com
- Click on the My Account Tab > My Profile Tab > My Settings Tab. If you have a “Premier” or “Business” account, your Account Type will be listed as “Premier” or “Business.”
- To upgrade to a Business Account, click the “Business” tab on the homepage, then click on the “Create a Business Account” link to go to the “My Business Setup” page.