One of the special features of eBillity is the Client Access Portal. This is the place where clients login to view information about their account – you decide exactly what they will be able to see including:
- Time Entries
- Expense Entries
- Note and Schedule Entries
- Invoice and payment history
See a demo video of the Client Access Portal here:
When you create a new client Contact ("Client" Tab, "Contact" Sub Tab), a pop-up box will appear that allows you to enter the Contact's details. You can give this new Contact access to their Client Portal by check/selecting “Grant this Contact access to the Client Portal.”
You have two ways of deciding what information this Client sees in their Client Portal:
- To select the system-wide client portal default settings go to Admin > Portal Set Up. Check/select what information will be visible to all clients in their portals (for example: unbilled time entries, finalized invoices etc).
- To select what a client will see at the individual client level, go to Client > Portal Set Up. Anything you check/select to be visible will be for that client’s portal only.
- Go to the "Client" Tab
- Go to the "Portal Setup" Sub Tab
- You must put a check mark next to the types of entries you want the Client to see (the default setting is for them to see no entries).
- Optionally, you can customize your Client’s portal by uploading their own logo.
- Note: you must give a Contact access to their Client Portal by going to the Client > Contacts page. Find your Contact in the list. Click on their name, and – in the pop-up box – check/select to give them access rights to the Client Portal.
- After you give a Client access rights, they will receive an email with login credentials, including a password. When they log in to the Portal, they will be able to see whatever information you gave them rights to see in the Admin > Portal Set Up or Client > Portal Set Up pages.
- Scroll between Clients by clicking the right and left arrows , or by jumping straight to client using the Client drop-down menu to the upper right.