- to the "Accounting" Tab
- Go to the "Adjustments" Sub Tab
- Click on the "Balance Adjustment" link
- On this page you can enter a debit or credit adjustment for a Client, and optionally apply it to a particular Matter.
Note: The “Balance Adjustment” feature is very helpful if you are bringing a new Client over to Time and Billing (from another system, for example) and you want to start them out with a balance (i.e. you need to start them out with an open debit). Here’s how to do it:
- Select your Client in the drop-down menu on the "Balance Adjustment" page. Note: after you select your Client, a list of outstanding invoices – if there are any – will show up at the bottom of the page. You can apply an adjustment to a specific invoice in this case.
- Select your Adjustment Type.
- Enter the amount of the adjustment, and any details.
- Click the “Save” button.
- If you’ve saved the adjustment correctly, a message will appear at the top of your updated invoice list (in the “Accounting” Tab, “History” Sub Tab): “Balance Adjustment made successfully.”
- You’ll also be able to see an entry at the bottom of the list on the Accounting > History Page with the Status “Adjusted.”
Note: you can make an adjustment, and it doesn’t have to be to a specific invoice. If there are no invoices for a client, then you will be making a general adjustment to the Client itself.