The Admin first logs into Time Tracker, and looks on the Dashboard Overview tab to see if he/she has Timesheets to Approve in the list.
If the Admin wants to see the entry detail for any timesheet, he/she can click on that Worker’s name in the “Timesheets to Approve” list. Then, the Admin is taken to a Weekly Timesheet view for that Worker.
The Admin can also go directly to the Entries Tab, Weekly Timesheets sub tab to view time entry details. Select which Worker’s timesheet you want to view by selecting their name in the “Worker” drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the page.
Time entries have three different statuses (with corresponding colors)
- Yellow = Pending. The Worker can still edit these entries and has not yet verified and submitted them to the Admin for approval
- Blue = Submitted. The Worker has submitted these entries to the Admin for approval. The Admin can only approve “Submitted” hours.
- Green = Approved. The Admin has approved these entries.
The Admin can approve time in three ways:
1) Go to the Dashboard Tab, “Overview” Tab and put a check mark in the box next to each time sheet you want to approve. Then click the “Approve” button. Note you are only approving the “submitted” hours – not pending hours.
2) Go to the "Entries" Tab, “Weekly Timesheets” Sub Tab, and look at the Submitted time entries by clicking the “Submitted” radial button. Put a check mark next to the entries you want to approve, then click the “Approve” button.
3) Go to the "Entries" Tab, “Manage Team Entries” Sub Tab, and look at the Submitted time entries by clicking the “Submitted” link on the top right of the page. Put a check mark next to the entries that you wish to approve, then click the “Approve” button.
The time entries you just submitted should appear in the “Approved” list (click the “Approved” link to confirm). You can view the entries in the Weekly Timesheet Tab or the Manage Team Entries Sub Tab.
Article is closed for comments.