Step 1: Adding a time entry
Go to “Create New” and then select “Time Entry.”
Once you've added a few time entries and have tracked any expenses, you'll be ready to invoice your clients.
Want to add multiple time entries at once?
The weekly timesheet is the best place to add multiple time entries.
Go to the orange "Create New" and then select "Weekly Time Entry."
Step 2: Track expenses to clients or projects (optional)
Go to “Create New” and then select “Expense Entry.”
Select the client you want to track the expense to and then the project. Under the expense description choose the expense and then type in the description.
If the expense should include tax click on the yes tab under taxable and add the tax percentage. If you want the expense to show up on the invoice, select yes beside reimbursable. Add a copy of the expense receipt by click on add file next to the attachment. Click on the + sign to save the expense.
Step 3: Turn your time and expenses into an invoice
After you have added your time and expenses it’s easy to create an invoice.
- Go to the orange “Create New" tab and then click “Invoice”
- Select the client you want to invoice from the client dropdown
- Select the payment terms from the payment terms dropdown (e.g. net 30 days)
- Add a description in the description field
- Select your time entries by selecting the project from the project dropdown, choose the date range and click on search
- You can click on each time entry to make revisions if required
- Once you are happy with the invoice, click “Save Pre-Bill.”
The “Pre-Bill” is a chance to review the invoice before you send it. Notice a mistake? Just click on the line item and you can do in-line edits! Once it looks good click “Finalize.”
Step 4: Email your invoice or print it out
You can send your invoice by mail by clicking on the box next to the invoice and clicking on email, or print it out and mail it by clicking on print.